Connect via WebDAV¶
WebDAV clients, like Microsoft’s Windows Explorer or Apple's Finder, can connect directly to PhotoPrism. This mounts the originals folder as a network drive and allows you to open, edit, and delete files from your computer or smartphone as if they were local.
PhotoPrism can also sync files from an external storage system (like ownCloud) via WebDAV. See instructions.
The originals folder URL for public servers is:
Please replace example.com with your actual domain. The slash at the end is important and cannot be omitted.
When connecting, you'll have to authenticate using your regular password.
It will also change when you update it in Settings. The user name is
You can also connect to the import folder by replacing
import/ in the URL.
For users, who are running PhotoPrism locally on the default port 2342, the originals folder URL is:
Never use WebDAV without HTTPS outside your local, private network as your password would be transmitted, in clear text, over the Internet. Backup tools and file sync apps like FolderSync may refuse to connect as well.
Connecting to a WebDAV server on macOS¶
- In the Finder on your Mac, choose Go > Connect to Server
- Enter the URL as shown above in the Server Address field
- Click Connect
Connecting to a WebDAV server on Windows 10¶
- Open Windows File Explorer
- Right click This PC
- From the dropdown, select Map network drive...
- Enter the drive letter and folder you want to map your WebDAV connection to
- Check the boxes Reconnect at sign-in and Connect using different credentials
- Click the Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures link
- Click the Next button
- Click Choose a custom network location and then click the Next button
- In the Internet or network address field, enter the URL as shown above
- Click the Next button and then Finish
The originals folder appears as a mapped drive in Windows Explorer, and you can immediately add, edit, or delete files and directories using the Windows File Explorer.
If you still have trouble connecting via WebDAV, you may have to update the Basic Authentication Level in the registry.